Aquarium Fish Supplies Maintenance
Aquarium is a tank made up of glass. It is usually transparent on one side. Aquarium contains live fish and other aquatic animals. It is not just about filling with salt water! Proper maintenance of aquarium fish supplies will ensure that your aquarium stays clean and natural. It will keep our fish happy and healthy.
Following are the supplies which should be maintained for a healthy fish aquarium:
- Proper filter: An aquarium requires a proper filter. Firstly turn off the electricity supplied to the aquarium. Remove the filter and pump from water. Wash the filter, pump in a sink and clean it with a sponge. Keep on cleaning the filter, till the water from filter comes clean. If the filter is not in good condition, replace it. Rinse out the inlet and outlet of pump to clear the hindrance if any. Put the filter back, reattach pump and the filter.
- Heater & water thermometer: Water heaters and water thermometer are an important part of an aquarium. Heater should be checked regularly through an electrician. The water temperature can be cleaned with hot water.
- Hydrometer: Hydrometer is a device which measures the specific gravity and salinity of aquarium water. Usually we get basic two types of hydrometer- floating hydrometer and swing needle hydrometer. Hydrometer should be cleaned properly with hot water before it is used to check temperature. Otherwise it may show wrong temperature.
- Gravel maintenance: Do not allow extra food to decompose on the gravel surface. Always try to remove it at the same time with a net or siphon.
- Lighting in Aquarium: Do not keep the aquarium lights on for the whole day. It may result in the excessive growth of green algae. Check whether the bulb or lighting is working in a proper condition. Replace it if required.
- Rocks, corals and decoration: Rocks, corals and decorations are bit harder to clean in an aquarium. They are always surrounded by algae. They can be cleaned by using bleach powder.
Following is a schedule for the maintenance of a fish aquarium. Daily maintence to be done:
- Check whether all equipments are working
- Feed the fish at least twice a day
- Check the working of filters
- Remove any decaying plants leaves, dead fish or food
- Observe the fish for any Fish diseases
Monthly maintence to be done:
- Minimum 20% of water from Aquarium should be changed
- Test pH regularly and adjust it properly
- Replace your filter cartridges if needed or damaged
- Remove green algae from aquarium
- Clean the front glass properly
Yearly maintence to be done:
- Clean the magnetic pillar on the outer side of aquarium.
- Thus above mentioned information explains how to clean and maintain aquarium fish supplies.
- Maintenance is very necessary in order to keep your aquarium clean.
See more: Aquarium Fish Disease