Betta fighter fish information
These are second most popular aquarium fish after gold fish. These are freshwater fish having big and beautiful fins ranging from several colors like white,green,blue etc. These are also know as betta fighter fish because of their aggressive nature towards same species.
When ever 2 males are present in same tank they fight with each other until one of them dies in the battle. They will flare out their gills cover and erect their fins ,showing their fighting posture.
To see their fighting posture you can introduce a mirror in tank through which your betta fighter fish will think that this is another one and it will show fighting posture. Males betta are generally more colorful and have larger fins as compared to females.
Favourite thing about
The most good thing about i like about these betta fighter fish is that they are extremely beautiful and also they can survive in water with very low oxygen content. They have labyrinth organ so they have special capability to take oxygen directly from air above the water. So betta fighter can do well in small tanks and also with less oxygen supply. Due to this reason i have seen many aquarium dealer who put them in beaker who’s size is about few inches which i really hate.
- Diet :They are omnivorous,but they extremely love live food.
- Size :Adult size 3 inches(7 cm)
- Life span :2-5 years in captivity
- Origin: Cambodia, Thailand
Tank size : Minimum 2 or3 gallons .
- Temperature : 24-30(C)
- Breeding : Egg layer ,males form bubble nest,could be risky because females should be introduce at right time otherwise male will harass her to death,but can be carried out in small aquarium.
See more: Want to Successfully Breed Discus Fish?